Monday, July 23, 2007

Luna Lounge: Ghosts I've Met


I've been meaning to check out the new Luna Lounge in Williamsburg since they opened, but haven't really felt the pull to go out there until this last Saturday night. With a dear out-of-town friend in tow, I headed out to check out the space and to see Ghosts I've Met.

To preface: I had never heard any music from this band, other than what was showcased on their MySpace, but had read an interesting article about them that made me want to check them out. My memory fails, per usual, about the exact place I read this article but since the show had been in my calendar for a couple of weeks it's safe say it was a while ago. At any rate, my true motivation for going was when HT recommended them to me as well.

The long and the short of it: the venue is not my favorite. It's pretty cavernous and the sound is way too loud and somewhat echo-y. I would go back if I knew the show is guaranteed to have more bodies there to absorb the sound (Saturday's show was an early one, so attendance was pretty low). But the music was nice: GIM is comprised of 4 very talented musicians who understand the slow-rock/alt-country territory very well. I picked up a CD and will give it a couple turns to see if it stands up.

No comments: